Hi George! While you can’t actually delete unwanted apps from iCloud, you can hide them from your list of purchased items.
(And in case you’re wondering, no—purchased apps don’t count against your allotment of iCloud storage.)
Now, you used to be able to hide purchased apps directly from your iPhone/iPad, but that feature seems to have been disabled sometime after last fall’s big iOS 6 update.
That said, you can still hide apps—or purchased music, videos, or books for that matter—with a little help from iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Just open iTunes, click on the iTunes Store tab, click Apps (or Music or Videos), then click the Purchased link in the right column.
- You’ll see a grid of all the apps you’ve ever purchased from the App Store, and each one will have a little “X” next to its icon.
- Click the X, and poof! The app will disappear from your Purchased list.
Want to get your hidden apps, music, or videos back? No problem…
- Open iTunes again, click the iTunes Store tab, tap the button marked with your iTunes user name, then select Account.
- On the next page, under the “iTunes in the Cloud” heading, click the “Manage” link next to “Hidden Purchases.”
- You should now see a listing of all your hidden purchases in iTunes and the App Store. Just click the “Unhide” button next to anything you want re-listed in your “Purchased” apps.