An invite to a can’t-miss event just landed in your inbox, and you want to mark it in your iPhone’s calendar before you forget—and while you’re at it, you’d like to add the sender’s name to your address book.
Well, good news: you’re just a few taps away from saving the date in your iPhone’s (or iPad’s) Calendar app, or from creating a new entry in your Contacts app—all directly from the original email message.
Note: This tip was originally written for iOS 6, but it still works fine in iOS 7.
Create a calendar event from email
- Open the email, look for the date and time (which should already be highlighted in blue by your iPhone), tap it, then tap the “Create Event” button from the slide-up window. Once you do, an “Add Event” window will appear with the salient details already filled in.
- Go ahead and edit the new event or add more information (such as a location or a reminder), then tap the “Done” button. You’re all set!
- You can also tap “Show in Calendar” to see if you’re free during that time slot, or “Copy” to copy the date and time to the iPhone’s virtual clipboard.
Create a contact
- Go to the top of the email, tap the name you’d like to save in the “From:” field, and then tap the “Create New Contact” button.
- A new contact form will appear with the name and email fields completed. Edit or add more details as you see fit, then tap the “Done” button.
Click here for more iPhone tips, or click here for help with your iPad.