Leslie writes: Just saw your tip on how to zoom an iPhone display. Any way to do this on my Android phone? Thanks!
Hi Leslie! Yes, you can absolutely zoom the display on your Android handset. In fact, the only difference between the screen-zoom features for iOS and Android is that the former requires a three-finger tap, while the latter demands a one-finger triple tap.
Here’s what you do…
- Tap Settings, then scroll down and tap Accessibility. (Note: These steps will vary depending on the make and model of your Android phone. I tested this tip on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running on Android version 4.3.)
- Tap “Magnification gestures,” then flip the switch at the top of the screen to “On.”
- Now, try this: go back to the home screen, then triple-tap the display with one finger. Zoom!
- Next, pan around the screen with three fingertips on the display at once.
- Want to boost or reduce the magnification? Pinch the screen with two fingertips.
- Ready to go back to normal? Triple-tap the display with one finger to turn the magnification off.
- You can also temporarily magnify the display. Just triple-tap and hold, then pan around with your fingertip. The moment you release your finger, the display will revert to normal.
Hope that helps, Leslie. Still have questions? Let me know!